CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, March 26, 2009

Gramma's Visit


My Mom came into town last Wednesday and stayed until yesterday. She came to help organize the new baby's room (and my life in general), but she mostly came to see Avery. They became fast friends, and we had a ball visiting the Botanical Gardens, the Zoo, the local library, the Williamsburg Outlets, and of course, Jason's Deli. I was also able to finish our little guy's quilt top (photos in another post). We all had a great time!
I didn't intend to give Avery her first cone (I wanted to wait until June), but neither of us could resist the photo ops.

My Mom bought Avery a baby doll stroller. She used it all week long.

Gearing up for our trip to the zoo. Can you tell my Mom lives in Florida now? She bundled up Avery a little more than necessary most of the time. I have no other pictures of the zoo, but Avery proclaimed every flying thing "Quack Quack" and every other animal a puppy. We're hoping to improve her zoo vocabulary by the Fall.

The highlight was definitely the Botanical Gardens. They have this great children's section, and Avery discovered the joy of walking around the sidewalks and the wonderful play house. She walked in and out of the play house, closed and opened the doors, and played peek-a-boo through the windows. The WOW Garden will be a favortie place this Spring and Summer.

7 comments:

Michelle said...

Avery is just too cute! I can't believe how quickly she's growing up!!

Monica M. Judd said...

As I'm reading your post, first off I'm sad that's it's been forever since we've talked. Sorry I haven't called in a while. I guess I've been consumed with life. Secondly, the mention of getting our sweet new baby nephew's room ready just makes excitement run through my veins! And my goodness, what a precious little girl Avery is. It is so fun to see her (if only in a photo) enjoying her new found independence that walking extends to her. She's beautiful!

Heather J said...

she is looking sooo much like a little girl and less baby!!! I can't wait to see her next week!!!

Sara said...

I love how long her hair is getting...so adorable.

steph said...

Miss Avery is too cute...the shades made the outfits!! I am glad your Mom was able to come see Paul, you and Avery...

Jennifer said...

Okay, I didn't literally recognize her on Sunday...With her walking all around like she's big stuff...my oh my. She's a doll. And you my friend look so cute! I love your belly!

JL

AmyB said...

Everytime the kids and I see Avery (or a picture) I ask them "who's that cutie cute?" and they know! :-) That photo of her all bundled up is HILARIOUS.