CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, December 20, 2007

All Thumbs

Avery is a thumb sucker. She's been sucking her hand off and on for a few weeks, but her first thumb-sucking triumph was at the doctor's office for her two month appointment. It was perfect timing for her to find her thumb, because I forgot to bring a pacifier just in case she flipped out during her shots (she did, by the way). Anyway, Paul and I have caught her in the act a few times since then. We think it's the most adorable thing, but I'm sure it will be annoying in a year or two. Anyone who has advice on how to break this habit should let me know. I'll file it away and bring it out when I'm more concerned about her orthodontic future (I might have just made up a word, by the way). For now, the cutie-pie pictures are worth the potential braces bill.


3 comments:

Michelle said...

awww...

AmyB said...

I love it when they don't ball up their fists yet and still suck their thumbs...so cute. By the way, if you get any great advice on how to stop the thumb sucking, let me know. Austie still has a good suck when his blankee is around (and yeah, at some point that's got to go too) :-)

Heather J said...

If she is like her cousin, she might graduate from her thumb to multiple fingers at a time. I like that you don't have to worry about 'losing' the thumb in the middle of the nite like pacis!!