CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

A Weekend Away

We took our last trip as a family of three on Mother's Day weekend. Paul and I have friends in the Charlottesville area, so we headed out there with Avery and my big ol' belly and had a great time with Lynne (my roommate from grad school), Andy (her husband) and Annalyse (their very precocious six-year old). Annalyse was very excited to have a friend to hang out with, and she was really sweet to Avery. The only picture I caught of them was when they were reading books together.


Paul and I love taking tours of local vineyards, and fortunately so do Andy and Lynne. We headed to King Family Vineyards in nearby Crozet, VA and had a great time touring, tasting, and picnicking. Avery and Annalyse were able to saunter about the grounds and even made a few friends (of the canine variety). Of course I forgot my camera for this portion of the trip, so you'll have to take my word for it.

We had another fun-filled day (related to food of course) on Sunday, ending with an incredible pie purchased at a local orchard. If I ever find the recipe, I'm posting it. It was a perfect end to a very relaxing weekend.

It's not much, but it's the only Mother's Day picture we could get.

This pretty much sums out Avery's willingness to get her picture taken on Sunday morning.

I'm in love with putting Avery in pigtails. She looks like such a little girl!! She's talking on the phone, just in case you were wondering.

1 comments:

Heather J said...

I just love the pigtails!!!!! Glad y'all had a nice trip!!!