CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, January 10, 2008

Bumbo Baby

Avery sat in her Bumbo for the first time today. The Bumbo, for those who are not familiar with the seat, is constructed to allow babies who can hold their head up to sit up long before they can actually sit up on their own. It makes her look all grown up...I'm not sure I'm ready for all that. The smile is of course aimed at her Dad.


In other exciting news, Avery and I attended a play date with our friend Martha and her son Reilly. Martha and Josh were married a few weeks before us and had a baby a month after us. We went from hanging out at AC Moore to finish up wedding details to hanging out at Babies R Us to talk about the latest strollers. I loved getting to meet many of Martha's friends and look forward to many more play dates in the future. And honestly, friends, is this little guy cute or what?

4 comments:

Marie Hughes said...

I agree, Avery looks too big in that seat - stop it! She is just as sweet as can be and is growing so fast. Looking forward to babysitting!

The LeValley Family said...

Hi...my name is Jessica LeValley...I am one of Michelle's past roomies (I found you through her blog). My huband Paul (good name, huh?) and I were good friends with yours when we were all single. We came to you blog so we could get a look at your new little one!!! Such a cutie! Anyways, I thought I'd post a comment, introduce myself and let you know that I was here. Oh yeah, the bumbo, we have one and I used it a ton!!! our little girl, Elise, has NOT enjoyed laying down since she was 3 weeks old! So, I found the Bumbo and put her in it, supported with lots of blankets and all until she had better control over her upper body...the bumbo was a life saver! No exaggeration! Elise spent many hours sitting in it watching me primp before church, or cook in the kitchen. Well, tell Paul that we said hi and God bless all 3 of you! :)

Les said...

Found your blog! Just don't set bumbo on the countertop like I did while you cook... Luke fell out to the floor- he was fine but it was very scarey.

Rebekah Judd said...

Ha! Les...I don't know if you noticed, but the Bumbo is on our kitchen countertop...too funny. Of course we were both right there at the time, but I'll remember that the next time I want to leave her up there.