CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Each Moment


I ran across this picture as I was downloading a few pics from my camera. I took it while we were taking down Christmas decorations. I remember setting this advent calendar up the Saturday after Thanksgiving, putting a Hershey Kiss in each door (not recommended - they end up tasting like wood after the second week) and counting down the days until December 1st. I wanted time to go by so I could track it; instead the advent calendar became a reminder of how quickly time flies.


It's a good lesson for me. I tend to think ahead too much, even with Avery. I can't wait until she starts walking and talking - I even think about what her school years are going to be like. And, unfortunately, the thought has crossed my mind, "Who will she marry?" But I have to remind myself this baby stage is so short. I should enjoy every bit of it. So I'm not going to plan ahead this time. I'm going to stand over her crib and watch her sleep. I think I'll get down on the floor and hang with my girl during tummy time. And I'll be sure to let her sit on my lap for just a few extra minutes and sing one more song or read one more book, because these times on my lap will not last forever.


Hope you all enjoy your day...every minute of it.

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

Friend that is such wisdom! I'm trying to enjoy every moment with my kids. For me that means making the house secondary and the kids more important. I needed that encouragement today.

Keep savoring life!

Jennifer Napier

Jessica Rockey said...

Hey friend... That's a great reminder for me... I just can't wait to have a baby! My dear friend , Jennifer, kindly reminded me to enjoy every moment with my husband before we start a family. You know... Sunday naps... uniterrupted time to talk. So I'm trying to take that to heart and not rush through this season of our marriage.
Isn't it wierd how our hearts can grow restless no matter what season we're in?

Enjoy being a mom today... enjoy that little 'sprout' of hair on that lil girls head! It'll be long ringlets before you know.

Heather J said...

Great reminder!!

Rebekah Judd said...

Jessica, it's true. Paul and I tried our best to heed our friends' advice about enjoying our marriage pre-baby. Travel, go out to dinner, be completely spontaneous as often as possible. And Jennifer, I'm so excited you're coming back home...we'll be neighbors!!