CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Avery and Uncle Gene

Paul's college BFF Gene came down to visit us this past weekend. Gene has this habit of evoking tears from babies, but we were hoping Avery would be sweet and welcoming. I wasn't home when Gene and Avery were introduced, but we have plenty of toothy grin pictures to prove that she was thrilled to meet him. This one is just a stare down picture, but again, there were no tears.

Gene held Avery often both days. He even got her to fall asleep after church...now that takes a special touch. (Yes, she's sleeping in the picture).

Our highlight from the weekend was a dinner with Mark, Heather, and the boys. We made an Italian Cheese Fondue that made me wish I pulled out my fondue pot a little more often. I used swiss instead of fontina cheese, but I think I stuck to the recipe strictly after that. Our meal was topped off with a fantastic tiramisu from Trader Joe's. We were all scrambling for seconds on that little piece of delight.

3 comments:

Heather J said...

The fondue was great, the company even better! We'll have to had fondue to our rotation - it was AWESOME!

JenJen said...

Can't wait to sqeeze those cheeks!!!

Diane said...

I can't remember how I stumbled on your blog - but I had to comment. My maiden name is Judd. :) Great blog!