CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, February 25, 2008

North Carolina Weekend


I spent the weekend in the Raleigh-Durham area with my family and a great friend. I started out in Cary, which is right outside of Raleigh. My Aunt Trish and Uncle Emil (pictured above this past Thanksgiving) live there and also had a special guest - their granddaughter Emily.



Emily is 8 years old and is a true sassy spirit. It's fun spending time with her. She came running into the house with her mom Karen wanting to meet Avery. Of course, Avery wasn't obliging, as she was taking her afternoon nap. But Avery woke up soon enough and gave her eager audience a winning smile. We spent the rest of the day playing with Avery and adoring her every move. Emily even spent some time reading to Avery while "Gaga" (aka Aunt Trish) held the book.




After a yummy time at a local chinese restaurant, (where Avery discovered the joy of her feet) we headed to Durham to hang with my friend Renee for the rest of the weekend.



We had a great time shopping and eating (I love Nordstrom Cafe!!) and watching a whacked out movie. No need to see "Across the Universe", everybody. But in spite of the movie mistake, Avery and I both had a great time with Renee. Avery seemed to love Renee instantaneously, as you can see.



Thanks for a great weekend, everyone. We'll be back to visit, we promise!!



4 comments:

Michelle said...

Who wouldn't love Renee instantly? Sounds like you had a great weekend!

JenJen said...

How fun! You bet I'm jealous! I wish I could have been there, but I'm happy that you are able to travel with your little one. One of these days I will venture South for a little fun in the sun with my Southern fam. Miss you bunches, xoxo JJ

Heather J said...

I'm glad you had a great time visiting family & friends and so glad Avery was a perfect angel (as usual!!!) Thanks too for rushing back to hang with me too!! ; )

AmyB said...

Fun! Wondering where you were this weekend...guess it's been a while since we've chatted. LOVE the pictures, especially the one of the 3 of you on the bed -really cute!