CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, February 11, 2008

Almost Over

We're at the end of Spring Break 2008, so of course we had to hit the beach for one day. We headed to Fort Myers Beach this morning and walked out to the pelican pier.


I'm not a fan of sun and little ones (Okay, let's be honest...I'm not a fan of sun at all), so Avery was snuggled nice and tight in her stroller with the shade down at this point. I did, however, take a picture of what everyone else was doing:



Good for them. They'll have leather skin by the time they're forty. Eventually, I did let Avery have a quick glance at the beach. We walked along the shop area and found this cute little entrance to the gulf waters:


Avery and I snuck down to the sand and had our picture taken to prove we were actually at the beach. And yes, it is Avery underneath the hat and glasses.

We strolled around the beach area a little bit longer and then headed to Junkanoo, one of my parents' favorite restaurants in the area for a relaxing lunch and a great view of the Gulf Coast. I love the beach from the convenience of my shaded indoor table!

While we were here, Avery was able to take her first big girl bath. I think she was a little nervous, because she held onto her rings for dear life for the duration of the tub time.

Well, that's it from Florida. I miss my husband and my dog! (In that order, of course!) Can't wait to see my Virginia friends again.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

The pics of you and Av on the beach are too cute! :)

And, of course the obligatory naked bathtub shot too! Have to have that!

Call me when you're home and settled. I have a cache of loot for you. ;-)

Billie said...

I love Ft. Myers beach. Have you ever been to the Pink Shell? Your pictures are sweet and it is fun to read how your little "Bit" is getting bigger. Come visit us again sometime.