CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, February 7, 2008

And We're Off

It's kind of hard to tell where she is, but Avery is on her first airplane ride. We're in Florida for a week visiting my parents and extended family. This is actually right before we started to land. I tried to get the clouds and pretty blue sky, but I had no chance for perspective. Avery did so well on the flight. She looked around when she was buckled in, and then she closed her eyes and slept for an hour. She missed the takeoff! But she was wide awake for the landing and had a grand time playing with her new plastic rings (Thanks, Marie!). I must say the airport experience was quite an adventure. I met many new friends as I attempted to work my way through the maze of Norfolk International Airport. (Interesting...before I had Avery, I thought the airport was easy to navigate). They helped me close the stroller for x-rays, hold the stroller while security looked through my bag for my contraband diaper rash creme, and push the stroller to the plane before we took off and to the gate when we landed.
My mom met us at the airport in Tampa and then whisked us off to New Port Richey so Avery could meet more of her family.
Avery and my cousin Brandi

My Uncle Phil and Avery having a bonding moment....Uncle Phil would have been perfectly happy to have Avery stay in that position all night long

Avery and my grandmother Isabelle...hence her middle name

My Aunt Holly with the Judd girls


We'll see you tomorrow!!



2 comments:

Michelle said...

So glad you made it alright. And glad that she did so well on the flight. Enjoy FL!

Ginger said...

ahh-first flying experience with baby, glad it went well and it was a short flight :)
I cant fly with kids..I go crazy!