CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, February 2, 2008

Yummy in My Tummy


Quiche is our new favorite Saturday morning breakfast treat. We usually have orange segments or grapefruit with it. It can last us through Sunday morning and sometimes Monday lunch for me. The quiche craze started on New Year's Day, when we had a brunch over at Mark and Heather's. The thing I love about this dish (and several other dishes I make) is that you can throw in leftover whatever from the week and not waste any food. Plus it creates its own crust. This morning's treat was sausage, onion, and cheddar. MMMM!!


QUICHE
4 Eggs
1 1/2 c. Milk
1/3 - 1/2 c. Jiffy or Bisquick (I prefer 1/3)
1 small onion, quartered
Salt and pepper to taste
1/2 c. Cheese
Any added ingredients (Spinach, Tomato, Bacon, whatever!!)


Put the first four ingredients and salt and pepper in a blender and blend it all together. Meanwhile, put the added ingredients in a pie plate. Top with cheese. Pour the egg mixture over ingredients, and using a fork, push the cheese down into the egg mixture. Bake at 350 for 30-40 minutes.

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

I just love quiche. I think I fell in love with it with my first slice of Quiche Lorraine in Paris. Yumm... Now I need to make a quiche soon. Look forward to trying the recipe. Also excited that we'll be "neighbors" in a little over a month's time!

Jennifer

Michelle said...

Mm. You always have great food ideas so I'll have to give this one a try Reb.

Heather J said...

I think we will be having quiche this weekend - yummo!!!!

Ginger said...

yum--Im always up for quiche