CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Clap Yo' Hands

Okay, so my next post was going to be about Avery waving "bye" and how she now waves to everything (the tv, the pork grilling in the pan, me when she's nursing). It was going to be my best post ever. I turned on the camera to catch some waves (no pun intended, I swear!). I managed to capture Avery in one of her favorite moves. She opens her eyes wide, looks down, and twists her hands and feet back and forth.


I caught her waving a few times, but it was mostly her double wave. She seems to be very excited about the camera lately.



But the really exciting thing is that while Avery was trying to figure out whether she should do the light bulb wave or the hand-grasp wave, her hands magically came together in a clap. I wish you all could have seen her excitement as she discovered the joy that is hand clapping.

The exciting thing about this discovery is that not only did I notice it (I have a habit of noticing Avery's milestones a few weeks after she can do them) but I caught it on camera. We are talking live-from-the-scene-of-the-crime footage. I honestly think I was more excited than Avery, which is why I ended up getting this picture:

Ellie likes to be involved whenever exciting things happen. While we're on the topic of Ellie, she is completely recovered minus a small dime-sized wound that is slowly closing. She rarely picks up her leg anymore. We are grateful she is alive, but as our friend suggested, we might rename her "Money Pit". All I'm saying is she better live a LONG time after the hard, cold cash we have invested in her. I want her to babysit my kids, do my laundry, and dust for many years to come. In reality, she will probably make a mess at her food dish, heel when she feels like it, keep Avery and me company when Paul's away, and endlessly entertain us with her personality-plus antics. That will do.

Since this might be the only milestone I actually capture, I'll leave you with these:

4 comments:

abbey said...

Ah! so cute! I love her surprised excited looks. So fun that you caught it on camera.

Heather J said...

Love it! Carter must have tought her that, since he's just now discovering 'clapping' himself! So precious - and you are so right, to capture it LIVE for the 1st time is AMAZING!!!! Good job Mom!

I think I'll start calling Ellie 'MP' for Money Pit - too cute!

Michelle said...

Awww... so cute!!! I love her smiles and personality. And I'm glad you caught it all on camera you super mom you. ;-)

AmyB said...

Man, that was the best post ever. :-) Way to go Avery!!