CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Christmas Traditions

We're trying out Christmas traditions this year to see what ones will work for our family. I wanted to try to make a gingerbread house completely from scratch, but then I decided it was an insane idea for a mom of two tiny kids, so we bough a Wilton gingerbread house, glued it together (which took a day) and then slapped some candy on the roof and sides of the house. Avery had a blast decorating the house. I put all the candies in separate bowls, and she seemed to understand what to do right away. She also kept licking the icing off her hands and saying, "I love it!!". She couldn't wait to show Daddy when he came home for lunch. We're definitely keeping this tradition, but we'll have to see if I ever get around to making one from scratch in the next few years.

2 comments:

Monica M. Judd said...

looks beautiful! great job avery! and rebekah, i'm convinced making it from scratch is way over-rated. so i, too, buy the boxed pieces... in fact, we'll be making ours today or tomorrow!

Katherine M. said...

Looks great! Rebekah made three out of graham crackers and white icing. It took less than 30 minutes and then let the kids decorate.(Duncan and cousins)
I thought I'd pass that on to you so you could do it next year if you thought it would be easier and cheaper.